- 1 package of frozen shortcrust pastry dough
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cups, packed with fresh spinach leaves, trimmed and washed
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup creme fraiche (heavy cream or milk can be used instead)
- 1/3 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- Defrost dough 2 hours before making the quiche.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lay dough into either a 10 inch quiche or springform baking pan, ensuring you have enough dough to form a crust around the edge. The curst should come 1 to 1 1/12 inches up the side of the pan.
- Crumble the feta cheese onto the bottom of the crust.
- Pour the olive oil into a saucepan and when it is heated, add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Spread the spinach over the feta cheese.
- Beat the eggs, garlic, and creme fraiche together.
- Pour over top of the feta cheese and spinach.
- Place cherry tomatoes on top of the quiche.
- Sprinkle chives and ground pepper on top.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
Recipe inspired by: Food.com