Invisalign® with Mandibular Advancement
in Raleigh, NC
A Hardware-Free Way To Treat An Overbite In Growing Patients
How Does Invisalign With Mandibular Advancement Work?
These innovative Invisalign aligners are the first FDA-approved clear aligner treatment for Class II malocclusions, typically characterized by excessive overjet and/or a small lower jaw. Historically, orthodontists treated Class II malocclusions with extractions, headgear, braces and elastics, Herbst appliances, and other bulky orthodontic appliances. Now we can correct Class II malocclusions with clear aligners. Invisalign with Mandibular Advancement aligners are crafted from the same BPA-free plastic as standard Invisalign, Invisalign Teen, and Invisalign First. However, they also feature precision wings made from the patented SmartTrack® material between the premolars and first molars. As the patient bites down, the wings engage and hold the lower jaw (mandible) forward, eliminating the overjet. In growing patients, the aligners guide the growth of the lower jaw forward to correct the bite. While the wings of the aligners position the lower jaw forward to correct the bite, the aligners themselves align the teeth.
What Are The Benefits Of Invisalign With Mandibular Advancement?
Invisalign with MA combines the perks of clear aligners with features for advancing the lower jaw. The benefits of this cutting-edge approach to Class II malocclusion include:
- More cost effective than traditional overbite appliances
- Simultaneously straightens the teeth while moving the lower jaw forward
- Removable for maximum convenience
- No food restrictions
- There is zero hardware, so patients can brush and floss
- Virtually invisible so kids and teens can continue to smile with confidence
- No extra appliances to fit thanks to the precision wings being attached to the aligners and no emergency visits
- Won’t get in the way of playing sports or instruments