- 4 pounds potatoes russet or Yukon gold
- 1/3 cup salted butter melted
- 1 cup milk or cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic optional
- Peel and quarter potatoes, then put in cold salted water.
- Bring water to a boil and cook uncovered for 15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain the potatoes thoroughly.
- Heat milk on the stove top (or in the microwave) until warm.
- Add butter to the potatoes and begin mashing. Pour in milk a little at a time while using a potato masher until the consistency is to your liking.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Recipe inspired by: Spendwithpennies.com