- 2 pounds ground turkey, 93% lean
- 1 cup bread crumbs or panko or rolled oats
- 2/3 cup onion, minced
- 2 small zucchinis
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
To Make the Meatballs:
- Grate zucchini and cut up onion into small pieces.
In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, zucchini, bread crumbs, onion, parsley, eggs, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, basil, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper.
Using a strong spatula or your hands, mix well. Then shape the mixture into 1-inch balls (you should have around 48 total).
To Bake the Meatballs:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Then line a rimmed baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup. Coat a wire rack with nonstick spray and set on prepared baking sheet.
Arrange meatballs on rack, brush with oil, and bake for about 20 minutes, or until browned with crispy edges.
To Freeze the Meatballs:
Arrange meatballs in a single layer on a baking sheet, not touching. Freeze until solid, about 1 hour, then transfer to a freezer-safe container and store for up to 1 month.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: 7-8 servings