- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Hershey’s cocoa
- pinch of salt
- 4 cups of milk
- 3/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of hot water
- Mix sugar, cocoa and salt in a medium saucepan and stir in water. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil and stir 2 minutes.
- Add milk; stir and heat until hot, but do not boil mixture. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Beat with whisk until the mixture is foamy.
VARIATIONS: Add one of the following with the vanilla extract.
- CINNAMON COCOA: 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- MINT COCOA: 1/2 teaspoon mint extract OR 3 tablespoons crushed hard peppermint candy.
- MOCHA COCOA: 1 to 2 tablespoons powdered instant coffee.
Recipe inspired by: hersheys.com