- 2 to 3 very ripe bananas, peeled (about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups mashed)
- 1/3 cup melted butter, unsalted or salted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar (1/2 cup if you would like it less sweet, 1 cup if more sweet)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and butter a 4×8-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth, then stir in the melted butter.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract, then mix in the flour.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then remove the banana bread from the pan and let cool completely before serving. Slice with bread knife to prevent crumbling and serve.
Makes one loaf
Recipe inspired from: Simplyrecipes.com